In this episode of the Artmatcher podcast, Jenia Ogneva speaks with Michael Goodman about her interesting journey into the art world. Jenia provides a synopsis of her story and a preview of the creative processes behind her art. The duo debates if a viewer could sense the difference between an authentic piece of art and a replica based solely on emotion. Jenia makes a case for why art doesn’t necessarily need context or a story. They discuss how too much formal knowledge could potentially hinder your creative expression, and much more.
Watch on YouTube
- 00:30 Getting to know Jenia
- 12:30 Feeling emotion through art
- 19:05 Do artworks need to make sense?
- 25:55 The classics versus popular movements
- 33:55 How too much knowledge could debilitate your potential